Recently a friend approached me about restoring hair growth after noticeable hair thinning as a result of Polycystic Ovaries, known also as PCOS. The symptoms are varied with this hormone related condition. It effects women of reproductive age, the exact cause unknown.
To regain hair density and lustre – I’ve suggested the following regime to my friend
- Intense Repair Treatment Shampoo – using only a pea size amount, rub the product between your two hands until it becomes white and it coats your palms evenly. Smooth the shampoo through the hair and into the scalp and wash as you would with any other shampoo. Rinse. Using a pea sized amount, wash again same process – coating the palms evenly, smoothing through the hair and now creating a lather. Rinse again – the cuticles of the hair are lifted – squeaky and ready for the conditioning treatment.
- Intense Repair Treatment Conditioner – Again, using a pea sized amount of conditioner – coat your palms and smooth through the ends of your hair first. Condition as you normally would and rinse through with cooler water.
- IRT Spray (Intense Repair Treatment Spray) Lift hair and spray against the scalp. Your scalp does not need to be wet with product. Less is more with MONAT – this regime is scientifically tested for results.
- Rejuvaniqe Intensive Oil (as treatment once a week) – The night before you are due to wash, squeeze the droplets of oil against the scalp. You may use a tube full over your whole head but it will be worth it – leave the oil on the scalp overnight and wash the following morning.
We will begin the course of action with a before photo. The best way to take these photos is facing yourself in the mirror with the light on in all your glory. Take a few before photos at different times of day.
- take one facing yourself’
- take one with your back to the mirror and a selfie at the front
- take one from each side
- take a close up of your hair line
- take a close up of the damaged parts of your hair
- take a close up of the scalp
- take close ups of all the parts where you want to create density
Good to get a dozen photos or so while you wait for your product to arrive. When it arrives, use it in the morning so you can feel the benefits for the whole day following your first wash. Notice everything you feel and get some same style selfies like you did the days before.
The first week you will probably want to wash more because it feels so freaking amazing it’s like paradise the whole experience. By week 2 you will probably wash twice because you will already enjoy the distance you can create between washes.
So get a feel for it. See how you like it.
- How does your hair feel in the first 8 hours after a wash?
- What do you want to experience more of? Volume at the roots? Texture?
- We can incorporate all kinds of effects with this revolutionary plant based product so just say the style you are interested in, or what you want to feel in your hair –
- How do you want your experience with amazing hair to be – what’s your vision?
Let’s create a formula unique for you. We’ll start with the suggestion and proceed with other styling products as required.
Other assets to the journey with PCOS starts with Myo Inositol as a substitute sweetener. Mapping your periods can be helpful and a connecting practice when menstruation is affected. At times the blood may be infrequent, irregular or prolonged. You might miss half your moon cycles a year or extended time between periods and experience heavy periods. Your ovaries might be enlarged and contain follicles that surround the eggs. This means your ovaries might not be releasing an egg. Monitor mucus levels to
You may experience signs of Excess Androgen. Elevated levels of male hormone may result in excess facial and body hair (hirsutism) or male-pattern baldness. The severity of PCOS signs and symptoms increase when obese.
Making care of yourself and doing what you can in service to yourself when experiencing an illness or disorder is vital for recovery.