When the skin care was launched I thought it was a whole lot of hype. Of course everyone loves it – it’s direct marketing so are they going to say otherwise? They want to sell more product – so of course they love it!
So when my sister said she was gifting me the Be Balanced skin care range I was excited and skeptical at the same time.
I didn’t take my usual ‘before’ photo… At the time I thought –
“As if I’m going to see a difference after just one use!”
I DID. It was obvious. My skin looked smoother straight the moment I washed off the scrub and pressed on the Skin Revitalising Essence. Did I mention how I love the smell of the Essence? Reminiscent of peach – it’s divine.
Here’s a breakdown of how I do my daily routine and a link to each product. Of course it is cheaper to buy as a set of 4 (cleanser, essence, nectar and moisturiser) – however each individual product can be purchased separately and I recommend starting with the scrub and completing the routine with the eye smooth.
- Twice a week I’ll start with the berry refined scrub. I use this in the shower over my face and décolletage. Every other day I use the Balance Cleanser
- After showering – I shake a few drops of the Skin Revitalizing Essence into the palm of my hand, press my hands together and then press over my entire face and décolletage. I allow this to dry somewhat
- I use just a half squirt of the Rewind Nectar – a little goes a long way and this is all that is required to cover the face – a full squirt if you are doing face and décolletage
- When I open the eye smooth jar I don’t use the applicator that comes with it. I use my ring finger to touch the cream gently – I do not scoop or wipe the cream to get it on my finger. Just a slight touch is all that is required to get the results. Interestingly even though it is slightly oil based – I haven’t noticed less retention on my eyelash extensions
- Smooth the eye cream over the eye using only the ring finger. This finger applies the least amount of pressure than all other fingers – don’t use anything else. The eye roller thing the cream comes with is cute but quite useless and requires cleaning and maintenance, I’m busy mama so ring finger is best
- Any remaining eye cream can be smoothed around the lip area. People tend to forget the lips – this area is prone to fine line and wrinkles – especially smokers who tend to purse the lips daily – this can create a cats bum effect which can be avoided through 30’s and 40’s with the appropriate facial routine. Always remember your lip outline. The remaining eye smooth on your ring finger is ample
- Now apply your moisturiser. If its day time you will appreciate the coverage of the lightweight moisturiser. If it is evening – use the night cream
This is my routine for all time. I don’t ever use make up because I wake up ready with my feather brows and eyelash extensions. Now with the anti-aging skin care range I am constantly getting comments on how great my skin looks. I still have slightly dark circles under my eyes however I definitely notice the brightening since I started the skin care routine.
I used to look forward to washing my hair – but after a while using MONAT I have to wash less and less – sometimes only every 4 days or so – now I look forward to using the skin care!! It’s summer so I generally skip the lightweight moisturiser if I cleanse in the morning – I always use it after the night cleanse. To be honest I don’t wash my face twice a day like they recommend – I prefer to use the routine at night for winding down. I love the routine and it has added a moment of self love to my day which I wasn’t at all focused on before. I’m a busy single mama – I feel like all I do each day is make food, wipe bums and pick up toys. Washing my hair was my great escape… Now I have 5 minutes a day in front of the mirror where I love myself, I love what I am doing for myself, I am grateful for the process and I walk out of the bathroom feeling calm and collected. It’s the perfect end to ta hectic Groundhog Day.
The skin care has changed my life – not just my face. Since starting the routine, it’s impacted my life in the most beautiful way I decided to become certified as an esthetician so I can offer these anti-aging facial treatments to the wider community.
The topic of this discussion could have been What is MONAT skin care doing for my LIFE and the truth is – this skin care has changed it for the best