5 Favourite How To Make Up Tips
When you make up your face – start with the end result in mind! What look do you want to achieve? Day or night? Natural or glamorous? Whatever the look, we’ll always start with a great foundation.
- Great Foundation matches your skin tone, covers what you want it to cover, can be sheer or full coverage – apply it with a small brush, a little at a time, then blend with a few sweeps (with your larger foundation brush) then dab over over the applications and blend together for an even coverage.
- Know Your Face Shape game changer when you can contour to your enhance your face shape!
- Learn To Contour – contouring is the relationship of light and dark on the face. By using a darker foundation colour we can create shadow and hide features (push back on the face) and the lighter highlights where we want to bring light to the face. Highlights bring the features forward. So for example, a highlight around the lips in a strategic way can make them appear fuller!
- Concealer – not always necessary but if there is something you want to ‘correct’ then this is the way to do it. Different colours are used to correct different things. For example, the dark circles under my eyes are slightly purple, so I use a salmon / almost orange colour to correct this
- Lips and Lashes -Finish your natural look with a sheer pink lip gloss or favourite lipstick. Eyelash Extensions or Mascara to enhance the shape of the eyes
You’re ready to go!
Our preferred foundation for an even and natural make up look is Kyrolan. Our favourite looks will almost always use 3 colours of foundation. Your make up artist will give you the details of your how to make up colour chart.