You can easily promote growth for your natural lashes with the daily application of a good Lash Serum.
Let’s talk about lash care and longevity.
LASH LONGEVITY BRIEF:
Each eye has between 90-120 natural lashes. Always some exceptions – You could have in excess of 150 eyelashes on the upper lid and 70 to 80 eyelashes on the bottom lash line. Some people have as few as 50 lashes on the lower line and some with 200 plus on their upper lid – everyone is unique.
- It is natural to shed between 2-5 lashes a day
- In 1 week its possible to lose 21 lashes
- By 2 weeks = 42 lost lash
- By 3 weeks 63 lost and so on
Retention refers to how long your lashes last – whether it’s the growth cycle of your natural lash or how long the extension lashes are adhered to the lash – Retention Analysis is the reason your first fill appointment is booked 3 weeks from the first day of your full set.
The retention analysis session is cheaper than the regular fill price. From here on we get to decide together how regularly you will return for a lash fill. It’s a 1 hour appointment
EYELASH EXTENSIONS AFTERCARE:
Wash your lashes 4 times a week with lash cleanser if you wear make up – twice a week if you don’t.
Your After Care Kit is comes with your first set of lashes
Avoid oily – cleansers (micellar) , heavy moisturisers – oil based serums – these are no good for the morning before your lash session. Sometimes using oily products on lashes will break down the glue.
No spa, sauna or heavy sweaty gym workout for the first 24 hours after your fills
Don’t everrrrr use eyelash curlers with your extensions
Please don’t use mascara with your lash extensions
No twisting / tweaking / twirling / pulling / peeling or rubbing your lashes
Salt water can break down glue over time so after the beach swim be sure to wash your face with fresh or tap water. Crying is fine just wash your face afterwards and brush your pretty lashes to fluff them out again
Blot to dry your tears or sweat with a soft tissue or hanky and avoid pulling your lashes or wiping them. Wash them with fresh water at your earliest convenience and blot dry. Use a sweat band at the gym. Use one of our rechargeable mini fans. Fits in your handbag.
Remove Eyeliner with a q-tip – preferably lint free or the little fluffs could get caught in your lashes
Remove Eyeshadow powder that falls on the lash during application with a wet spoolie brush – please don’t use mascara to cover the excesss powder. It slides off so easy with the wet spoolie we gave you at your appointment
Avoid sleeping on your face. Karsha uses a Tempur side sleeper pillow and eye bra lol
Brush your pretty lashes! Every morning, not excessively just once down and twice up to fluff – see my video haha
- Mini fan – now available in the salon – fluff your lashes with the rechargeable mini fan. Plugs into a USB port to charge
- Plant based lash and brow serum – Some lash serums on the market include steroids. These steroid product are not recommended if you are wearing lash extensions. Steroids speed up your natural lash cycle and increases shedding –
Our serum is not steroid based and will not interfere with your lash cycle
- nano mister like a diffuser for your face – hydrate the eye area before bed and when you wake up in the morning
- eye bra – cute eye covers for a restful night sleep. Blocks out the light and protects your lash extensions
- lash pillows – helps you to sleep on your back. weird, but they work
- Gift Vouchers – for eyelash extensions, beauty services and shop items
- Referral Bonuses – free fills for you