How will they look and feel?
When applied by your skilled technician they will look completely natural, only much longer, fuller and darker than your natural lashes. They will feel like your own eyelashes. We do not count lashes, we will add as many or as few as needed to create the right look for you.
How long will my initial appointment take?
We take an artisan approach with our customers and will not rush your appointment. Everyone has different lashes – long, short, thick, sparse, straight, curly, everyone is unique – You can expect your first appointment to take approximately 2 hours. Unlike some salons we do not count your eyelashes or how many extensions are placed – a full set is a full set.
We use as many as are needed to create the right look for you. If you are happy, then we are delighted.
How long will my Eyelash Extensions Last?
When properly applied and cared for, your eyelash extensions will last for 4 – 6 weeks. Please see the Lash Extension aftercare about how to properly care for your eyelash extensions to maximise longevity
What is a fill and how often should I get one?
After your initial set of eyelash extensions you will receive instructions on how to care for them. Fills are done every three to four weeks depending on care and how quickly your eyelashes grow. An eyelash extension refill take a shorter time to complete and the prices reflect that.
Why do I lose some of my eyelashes?
Due to the natural growth cycle of your lashes you will find your natural eyelashes shed every 60-90 days as new ones grows in. You are naturally losing 2-5 lashes a day. We recommend getting a fill every three to four weeks to fill in lashes on the new growth.
Will extensions damage my eyelashes?
Yes and no. Yes, your lashes can be damaged if you go to someone who was not properly trained and uses cheap products not intended for long wear. The unskilled lasher can stick your natural lashes together or glue clumps of lashes to one single lash – this can damage your natural lash and create discomfort as they grow out.
Extensions applied properly by a certified, trained technician who uses quality products should not damage your lashes. Our eyelash extension application techniques and innovative aftercare ensures your lash health as a top priority. We don’t use lashes that are too heavy for your natural lash and we don’t stick clusters to your natural lash. Volume lashes are light weight fans – not to be confused with weighty clusters.
Someone I know is allergic to the products, is this common?
Allergic reactions do happen, but are rare. If you have developed an allergic reaction its likely you will not be able to continue to wear extensions. In some cases you may still wear extensions with some changes made to the aftercare process. Sometimes changing glue can help though unlikely. If you have a reaction to the application it will get worse each subsequent application.
Eye infection due to improperly washing and caring for your lashes is more common than an allergic reaction. Waiting over 24 hours to wash lashes and not washing your eyelashes the entire time you wear them are the most common causes of infections. Imagine not washing the make up on your face for a month. This creates build up and improper after care is the most common reason wearers lose their lashes prematurely.
Can I use eyelash growth products with my extensions?
Lash growth products that contain steroids change the composition of your lashes and accelerate your eyelash shedding cycle, therefore we cannot guarantee the outcome. Natural lash growth products containing peptides are wonderful and will have no adverse effect on the longevity of your extensions. We recommend the MONAT lash and brow serum for longer retention. It also increases strength and length of your natural lashes.
Will I still need to use mascara?
No, you will not need to use mascara with your lash extensions we recommended to not use it at all
With proper care and fills your eyelashes can last longer!
- Do not get your eyelashes wet for the first two hours.
- Do not use a spa, sauna or pool for the first 24 hours. The extensions need that amount of time to properly bond.
- Avoid pulling or rubbing your eyes.
- Do not use eyelash curlers with your extensions. With proper application you will not need them.
- ONLY use oil-free makeup remover. We carry a gentle skin care routine well as a balanced skin care routine in our studio – this product will not effect your retention when used properly
- We provide clients with a do-it-yourself eyelash wash. If your eyelashes are tangled or crossed over, use the spoolie brush given to you during your appointment to gently brush them straight and put them in place. You get a brush every time – you may need to remind your lash tech to give it to you at the end
- Proper hygiene is very important. Please keep lashes clean by regular washing. You receive an aftercare kit with your first set
- After showering avoid rubbing lashes, blot them with a towel, let them air dry and brush gently
- Use care when applying facial and eye creams to avoid the lash line. Too many oil-based products can break down the adhesive.
- We recommend touch-up appointments every two to four weeks to maintain your new eyelash extensions.
- Please arrive five minutes before scheduled appointment.
- We have a 24 hour cancellation policy.
- Skin sensitivities and allergies are extremely rare and your safety and care are of my utmost concern. We use the highest quality products and the most up-to-date techniques and sanitation protocols in the industry. We are not liable for reaction due to our products. If you are concerned, we recommend a patch test several days before your appointment. Please call to schedule.
We understand last-minute emergencies pop-up. However, if you are unable to make your scheduled appointment with your eyelash technician, please contact us as soon as possible to reschedule. We require 24 hours.
- Rescheduling/Cancellations less than 24 hours from appointment time or clients who no-shows without notice will be charged 50% of the appointment fee before rebooking
If you arrive late we will not be able to extend your appointment time. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late we will have to reschedule and we will charge 50% of the appointment. Out of respect and consideration for your eyelash therapist and other customers, please do your best to be on time.